Monday, November 19, 2007

Holiday Hell

Only a few days before Thanksgiving….where the hell did the year go? I cannot believe it is already the holiday season what a bummer that 2007 went so fast. What a crock of shit that I will be 31 in 13 days I am freaking old.

This year for the holidays I do not even know….I am at a loss for words for the first time in 5 years I am only cooking for Brent, his dad, Bill and the kids. Not one of my family members will come to dinner at my house because of Brent. He has pretty much lost any support from my family with his actions and behavior over the past year. Last night my sister called and was pretty upset and told me I should tell them all to “Go eat a fucking turkey sandwich and let us have our normal holiday”. She refuses to come out here and that is killing me. I will miss being with my family. The laughter, the love, the bitching, beating up my little brother and having them all here. I usually cook for 20-30 people and we generally invite all our friends out for wine and pie in the evening. It is going to be a lonely holiday….I am really sad.

I tried to explain the dynamic behind this to a friend of mine it is pretty much like the female mafia either you are in or you are out and if you get booted out you will never get back in. I hate to say it but partially because of this my marriage is dead in the water. I cannot be with someone who disrespects my family and whose actions have caused my family to despise him.

Oh holly jolly hell the holidays are going to be a gas. Please pass the Shiraz it is going to be a LONG 7 weeks.

No comments: