Wednesday, April 2, 2008

update.....

After 7 1/2 hours at the Heart Hospital a million tests and a consult with THIS guy we have some answers but no good ones.

My hubby has Pericarditis, Fluid around the heart & a cardiac ejection of 45%. Which means that he came home on a portable heart monitor (Holter?) and 2 different meds plus another appointment Monday morning at the heart hospital.

I am freaked out and scared to death so is he. He is worried and stressed because we found out today that our new health insurance does not kick in until the 1st of May not April 1 like we originally thought. Sucks to be us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch! I hope all goes well. That is rough. Take care and don't let him stress out too much. Do I need to send you a bottle of wine, tequila, what is your poison?

Melissa said...

Wine is my poison of choice

BusyDad said...

Wow I just got caught up with all this. Hoping for the best for your hubby and minimal stress for you! Health insurance is a crack bitch.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I'm thinking of you and hubby!

Petula said...

I am so sorry to hear this. And the insurance thing is such a kick in the butt (or is it a slap in the face!?)! Well, I hope you guys will try not to stress even though it'll be hard because I'm sure it's not good. Take one day at a time and try to get as much rest as possible. Keep your head up!