Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sometimes in life no news is not good news. I have had two of the most terrifying experiences of my life happen in the past 4 days. I am heading for a breakdown I can feel it.

Sat night was date night for Brent and I, we rented movies and made dinner. Layed on the couch and relaxed from 6pm til about 10:30pm. Brent went to the bedroom and layed down about 10 min laters he says to me in a real funny voice "Melissa I am having chest pains" I go in the bedroom and he is white as a sheet and sweating. I asked him to sit up and when he does he passes out. I get him up and get him on the couch and call 911.

The ambulance arrives and by this time he is so anxious and freaked out he refuses to go in the ambulance cause he wants me to take him in. The nearest hospital is 20 min away and I am scared to death he will arrest on me in the car but he does not waver even after the EMT's strongly encourage he go by ambulance. I then get him in the car and we are about a mile away from home when he starts gasping for air and starts to pass out, I wiped a shitty and drove him back to the ambulance bay. He is then taken to the heart hospital given a full work out and sent home with strict instructions to report back to the Heart Hospital at 8am monday morning for more tests.

Monday morning comes and he skips the appointment, I make a appointment for Tuesday morning for him he skips the appointment.

Today, Tuesday 3 hours after he was supposed to go to the doctor I get a call at work that he has collapsed. I leave and meet the crew bringing him in with the same symptoms as Sat night....another full work up and a CAT with contrast is done. Nothing no firm results so now we are headed to the Heart Hospital at 8am for the tests he needed to have monday.

I am scared to death that he is going to die or have something terribly wrong with him. He is only 36 how does this shit happen to a guy like him? Active, Healthy, Perfect weight & no family history......I am baffled and scared to death.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you must be scared. I hope things work out. Maybe he just needs to be on some meds to help him out. Please let us know how things go.

Hugs.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I get sent you an off-line message. I hope everything is okay. Let me know k?

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about both of you. Give us an update when you can.