Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I am back after a short break. I do have some news I got a promotion at work and am now a manager. I am a little apprehensive due to the last manager in this building only made it 4 days before the employees ran her out. They are a tough bunch but they all know me and I hope respect me. I am a little nervous because I think I am going to get lynched now that I have to cut 2 day people out and run a 2 man shift but we will see. I am putting the schedule out on friday so if you do not hear from me then you know the new schedule went over badly and I am wearing concrete shoes in a lake somewhere.

In other news I have a confession to make. My mother in law has found my blog and I am feeling a little weird that she reads it. Sorry Brenda but it is weird cause this is a pretty blunt and to the point place. I feel a little guarded about writting some stuff. How many of you have relatives read your stuff??? I gave my info to my SIL to try and get to know her a little better and she has a blog also but that is it outside of my momma and good friends. It is not that I am going to trash anyone or write something that I could not say in person it just feels weird. Tell me what you think.

We are completely moved now and the unpacking is almost done. I will add some pictures when I finally download the 1st communion pictures and the spring concert pictures. My memory is full and the cord is MIA.


Thats it for now I will make a better effort to blog I promise.
Melissa

6 comments:

mary said...

Hey Melissa, I totally hear you about the mil reading your blog. I feel the same way. I wrote it on my blog, she called and supposedly she is not getting on anymore. I say just ask her not to or tell her not to. On the other hand, go to my blog and read Micheles comment when I asked for advice. One thing she reminded me was that this is an open blog on the www, it is hard to control who reads it and when, but when they use your info on the web for the personal gain, it is wrong and this is where you can put them in there place, which I know you would do. Keep writing Melissa, don't stop and don't worry about who reads it, this is your forum for your thoughts and your opinions.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Congratulations on the promotion! My in laws know about my blog too. :o( Yeah it kinda suck eh? hehehe

mary said...

hey, thanks for the mothers day wish! I just read it on my blog. I texted you and then I just tried calling you, but no such luck. Girl if you changed your number, let me know! I also e-mailed you. Just wanted to chat with you today, see how everything is going. Congrats on the promotion, I wrote that in my e-mail too!
Love, Mary

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Mmmm. I am very uncomfortale with people I know reading my blog. I'm sure they there must be one or two that lurk, but it does freak me out. I don't even know why - I guess it's just my "private" place. Have you thought about locking it? Just make sure you give me the password if you do! ;)

Glo said...

I read your blog. Love your humor. And ya gotta be Ok cause you know Mary. mil should remember they were young once and if they don't like it don't read it.

Anonymous said...

Waitin on some pictures...

Where ya at?!